Saturday, November 30, 2013

Salute

Its been awhile since I have posted something! What's been going on the past month may you ask? Well absolutely nothing... traveling wise. I have been enjoying every inch of Florence and each weekend I stumble across something new. This city truly is a wonderful place and I am finally able to call it my home away from home. It probably doesn't help that I have met some wonderful people here.

A new friend of mine explained to me who she is. She said she did not consider herself one person but she is made up of all the people she meets. And each person has taught her something and she embraces a part of every person she meets.That is who she is.

Study abroad is so much more than being able to travel around and see places, places that other people would kill to go to. It is more than getting away from Kansas. At the beginning of my adventure, those two aspects were all I thought about. Now though, I have come to experience so much more than that. Of course, I have learned a lot from school and traveling, but most of what I have learned is through all the beautiful people that I have been fortunate to come across. You meet people who beat to your own drum and you meet people who don't. You also meet people who have a beat all to their own. But, each and every person teaches you something about life as well as about yourself. The more people I meet the more I am finding myself. Or maybe instead of finding, I am creating.

It has been hard, being away from my family and friends but it has all been worth it. I have grown as a person due to all these new people. Everyone has a unique story. It's breathe taking to be able to hear about so many other people's lives and how much they differ from mine but I am proud to say meeting them has altered mine.

Salute Tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment